How was your weekend? My weekend was pretty chilled, I visited my parents on Saturday and on Sunday I just stayed home, pretty chilled weekend.
I did make this delicious hot chocolate over the weekend that will knock your socks off and rock your world all at the same time, haha! So so delicious and creamy and I have to add that it’s super easy to make too, which is perfect. I am a huge fan of hot chocolate specially in the winter. I don’t really like to drink hot coffee so as an alternative I drink hot chocolate. I’m an iced latte kind of gal, but when I don’t feel like drinking something cold, hot chocolate it is.
I love this recipe so much because I add oats and a pinch of cinnamon powder to make it extra rich and thick. I of course can’t forget the whipped cream because what’s hot chocolate without the whipped cream? My kids will answer that for you, they make me (they don’t really make me) put whipped cream on their hands and mouth and they enjoy eating it like that! They are definitely my kids 🙂
My mom used to make me and my sisters this delicious hot chocolate with oats when we were younger and now I can’t get enough. We used to eat it with toasted bread with butter because it’s just the perfect match. When you dip the toast into the hot chocolate, my goodness a match made in heaven. I love it!
So I really hope you can enjoy this creamy, thick and delicious hot chocolate with oats because it’s really good. Also, your kids will love this “new” version of hot chocolate. Try it and let me know what they thought of it. Okay, now for the recipe.
- 6 tablespoons of uncooked instant oats / 6 cucharas de avena instantania
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa poder / 6 cucharas de cocoa en polvo
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder / 1 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- 2 cups of water / 2 tazas de agua
- 3 cups of regular milk / 3 tazas de leche regular
- **In a pan, in medium heat add the oats and water with a pinch of salt and let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, mixing well and the oats to get soft and absorb the water. / en una hoya o sarten en fuego medio alto, agregue la avena y el agua con una pisca de sal, cocine por unos 3 a 4 minutos yhasta que la avena este suave y haya absorbido el agua.
- **Once the oats is soft, add the milk,cocoa powder,cinamon and miz well. Cook for about 3 minutes more, mixing well. / ya cuando la avena este suave, agregue la leche, la cocoa y la canela, mezcle bien y cocina por unos 5 minutos mas.
Have a great cozy day drinking this hot chocolate with oats, yum!
Que tengas un excelente dia acogedor bebiendo este chocolate caliente con avena, yum!