This rice recipe is seriously the bomb diggity! I love rice as any Hispanic will tell you. See it like this if we do not eat rice for lunch is like we haven’t eaten. White rice is so easy to make and you can eat it practically with anything and is a guarantee that it will taste good.
Now I do not use a rice cooker, you were probably asking yourself why not use a rice cooker. I know is convenient to many moms because you just add the ingredients and forget about it and let it do its thing. I have my own reasons why I do not use a RICE COOKER, and here they are:
- I do not own one.
- I do not know how to use it.
- Rice does not taste the same. ( my mother in-law used to have one, so I know how it taste).
- I cooked rice on the stove top all of my life.( well since I started cooking).
Let’s start cooking.
- Rice(2 cups)
- water(3 cups)
- cooking oil (2 tablespoons)
- salt( about 2 1/2 tablespoon)
- In a rice cooking pan add the 3 cups of water, the cooking oil and the salt. ( Note: remember taste to your liking, do not add too much salt if you can’t eat salty food).
- On high heat, let the water boil.
- Once water is boiling add the rice and mix the rice with the water.( 5-8 minutes)
- Once the rice absorbs the water than lower the heat to low and mix the rice again.
- Put a lid on top of the pan and let it cook for about 40 minutes.
- Remember to mix the rice in between those 40 minutes.
The rice is ready when:
- The rice is soft.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that goes well with anything. I personally like to eat it with chicken, beef, seafood, and of course my Dominican beans.