I decided to make home-made mashed potatoes because they are excellent for fulfilling your eating needs. Because they do fill you up! Also it takes minutes to make, actually a few more minutes than just minutes but you get my point. I just peel the potatoes, cut them in half because it cooks faster and place it in a pan full of water. After the potatoes are boiling and cooking I add salt and that’s it, just let it cook until tender and you are ready to start mashing it. It is very easy and plus you will feel great that you actually are making it from scratch. You will taste the difference between store bought instant mash potatoes and home-made mash potatoes, pinky promise!
You know another great thing about mash potatoes is that you can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I do it all of the time, not in one day of course but one day I may make it for breakfast, a different day for lunch and so forth. So if I make it for breakfast, I eat it with fried or scramble eggs. For lunch I can go any route really, maybe some steak or chicken will be great and tasteful, and for dinner mashed potatoes with fish or the options from breakfast or lunch. I made some fried eggs and pickled onions to go with my buttery smooth mashed potatoes and let me tell you that it tasted AMAZING!
You need to take a bite of this!
- 10 potatoes ( peeled and cut in half) / 10 papas cortadas por mitad y peladas
- salt / sal
- butter ( 6 tablespoons) / mantequilla ( 6 cucharadas)
- garlic powder ( 1 teaspoon) / ajo en polvo ( 1 cucharadita)
- onion powder ( 1 teaspoon) / cebolla en polvo ( 1 cucharadita)
- milk ( 1/4 cup) / leche ( 1/4 de taza)
- in a pan add the potatoes and add water (enough to cover potatoes) and cook for 30 minutes / en una hoya agregue las papas (agregue agua suficiente para cubris las papas) y cocine por 30 minutos
- Add salt when the potatoes are boiling / agregue la sal cuando las papas esten hirviendo
- after the 30 minutes drain potatoes and add the rest of the ingredients and start mashing away! / despues de los 30 minutos drenar las papas y aguregar el resto de los ingredients y a machacar las papas!
- you are ready to serve / estas lista para servir