Being pregnant is such an overwhelming experience for a new and experienced mother. Whether it’s your first time being pregnant or your 4th time, the feeling is almost always the same.
I still remember when I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I was a little scared, well actually very scared because I was so young and still lived with my parents who ofcourse had no idea that I was being intimate with my hubby. So, it was a very different experience that thank God turned into a blessing.
Even though my first pregnancy was not planned, the feeling of finding out was pretty much what I thought it would be. I was so nervous, happy, excited and just felt like a mother right away. With my second pregnancy I had the same feelings of being nervous, happy, excited and just thrilled to be a mother again. This time it was planned and so it was a little different in the sense that I was obsessed with buying pregnancy tests. I was a mess, I would buy a pregnancy test even if I haven’t missed my period, I was going insane.
No matter what the situation is, if you have been trying for a day, weeks, months or even years, I think we can all agree that being pregnant is the most incredible feeling in the world. To know that a little human being is growing inside of you and that soon he/she will be calling you “mommy” it’s beyond anything that you will experience as a women. I honestly loved being pregnant. I can do it over and over again, haha!
I know some mommies do not have a pleasant experience being pregnant which is unfortunate but I think it’s safe to say that even though some women love being pregnant and some just point blank hate being pregnant, everything is all worth it once we see our bundle of joy for the first time. Being pregnant is a wonderful and unique experience that we as women are blessed with.
I wanted to share with you my 10 reasons why I loved being pregnant and I hope this can put a smile on your face and take you back to this day. If you are pregnant for the first time then I hope you can relate to my reasons and Congratulations!
10 reasons why I loved being pregnant:
1. I felt sexy- This is by far my favorite reason why I loved being pregnant. I felt like the most beautiful women ever, never have I been so comfortable with my body. I just really loved my pregnant belly and wouldn’t mind walking in my undies all day everyday. Being pregnant helped my self-esteem and just helped me see me for me, I loved it and just felt so good about myself, I felt so beautiful and no one was going to tell me otherwise.
2. Spoiled with cravings- I seriously got spoiled with both my pregnancies on regards to my cravings. My hubby would buy me everything I would crave for and mainly because I sort of scared him saying that is not good to say no to a pregnant woman who is craving something to eat, haha! My parents, sisters and my grandmothers would also spoil me with my cravings. I might have taken advantage of this once or twice or a couple of more times than that but can you blame me?
3. Eating for two or three- Being pregnant means that you will get hungry more often then if you were not pregnant. For me it meant that I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I took eating for two or three literally, I just honestly enjoyed eating a lot of food and for me it was okay because let’s face it being pregnant only lasts 9 months. So I took advantage of this and ate like a pro.
4. No cooking for me- With my twin pregnancy I was not feeling the cooking life for a long time. I could not smell food because it just made my stomach turn and so I didn’t cook for a while. Loved it!
5. Feeling baby or babies move- Feeling my children move inside of me was the best feeling in the world to me. I felt like it was our own way of “talking” to each other. Also feeling my babies move was like a reassurance to me that they were okay. I was always looking forward to the kicks, aahh I still miss it!
6. Dresses and leggings- Dresses and leggings all day everyday for me, can I get an AMEN? I loved wearing and being in comfortable clothes and I think being pregnant you can get away with wearing leggings everyday. My hubby would tell me “Those leggings are going to be glued to your skin” haha! “I wish” I would secretly say. I did not want to wear jeans or anything of that nature, so I bought extra dresses and leggings, oh the good life.
7. People are extra nice- There is something about being pregnant that automatically makes people treat you even nicer. Whether it’s strangers or family and friends, I just loved it. For the most part, people would give their seats everytime I would get on the public bus, which was very nice of them to do. My family and friends would make sure I was happy, comfortable and had food to eat at all times. It was great and I really much enjoyed it.
8. I felt special- I felt so special when I was pregnant and that’s because my family made sure I was taken care of. They were so supportive and helped me with everything that I needed. Strangers would sometimes come up to me and say that I was a beautiful pregnant lady, Some would smile and say “congratulations” and so on. I just felt so loved and I felt truly blessed to be pregnant.
9. Get away with things- I would get away from not cleaning the house, to not cooking or doing the dishes. I would get away with laying on the couch practically the whole day, to eating whatever I wanted. It was a pretty good 9 months if you asked me.
10. Sex drive off the roof- I think my hubby would agree with this being his number one reason why he loved when I was pregnant. When you are pregnant your sex drive goes bananas in a good way. So ofcourse you have to enjoy it because when baby comes, you will be changing more diapers and cleaning more spit ups than cuddling with your man, I am just saying. I enjoyed my off the roof sex drive to it’s fullest, haha!
So there you have my 10 reasons why I loved being pregnant and I would love for you to share some of the reasons you loved being pregnant!
I hope you have a great day and I will see you next time.
9. salirse con las cosas- me salia de no limpiar la casa, no cocinar o lavar los platos. Me salias con las mias con acostarme en el sofa prácticamente todo el día, a comer lo que quisiera. Fue un muy buen 9 meses si usted me preguntó.