I am not a Monday person if you ask me, just the thought of waking up to get my daughter ready for school puts me in a lazy and not so happy mood. I obviously get over it the rest of the week, but it’s just that first day after having two days sleeping a little later than usual it’s not fun. Anyways, how about Avocado toast in 3 ways to cheer you up on a Monday?
I love avocados, I can eat it all day everyday, who’s with me here? I am Dominican and I can tell you that Dominicans need to have avocados with their lunch or else they might not even eat it. Okay, I might be exaggerating but maybe not really. We have an avocado addiction and I think almost everyone now a days have an avocado addiction, which is not a bad thing to have, haha!
My kids love avocados too, which is great because as you know avocados have a lot of great nutrients in them. I think these avocado toast in 3 ways will rock your breakfast and brunch world. It is definitely such an easy and simple recipe to make but also so delicious, which is always a win situation for me. I managed to make these while my twins were taking their nap and guess what? I even managed to record a video on it for my YouTube cooking channel, which will go up this week. Go Me!
Okay can we just get a second here and admire this runny egg yolk that just makes me want to jump in the picture and stuff my face again with it. I think if you want to eat something light, easy to make and delicious these three avocado toast is your answer. I mean, first option is avocado toast with sliced tomatoes and Mexican cotija cheese, yum! So simple and yet the flavors go so well together.
Second option is the ridiculous delicious avocado toast with shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese, topped with an over easy egg. Perfection in your mouth. Last option is the “original” avocado toast. Which ofcourse is just toast with avocado mash on top. All three taste so good and so satisfying!
I hope you can give these three options a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 Italian bread cut into 6 pieces/ pan italiano cortado en 6 pedazos
- 2 eggs/ 2 huevos
- 1 vocado / 1 aguacate
- tomatoes / tomates rojos
- cotija cheese/ queso cotija
- shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese / queso mozzarella y cheddar
- salt and pepper / sal y pimienta
- lime/ limon verde
- First start with toastin g your bread, either in the oven, toaster or stove top / Primero comienze con tostando su pan en el horno, tostadora o en la estufa.
- While bread is toasting, peel avocado and place it in a bowl, add salt, pepper and lime juice and mash to get a chunky consistency. / mientras el pan se este tostando, pele el aguacate, pongalo en un plato y agregue sal y pimiento y jugo de limon, maje hasta que tenga una consistencia media suave. Pero que todavia tenga textura.
- Okay, you want to start frying your eggs “overeasy” which is frying your eggs until the whites are set and then flip it over just enough to cook the other side through. Then place eggs in a plate until you are ready to use. / okay, ahora quieres empezar con freir los huevos “overeasy” que es una manera de freir los huevos para que la yema quede suave! cocine el huevo hasta que lo blanco este firme, despues rapidamente lo volteas al otro lado hasta cocinar y que la yema esta sueve. Pongalos en un plato hasta que estes lista para usar.
- Now assemble your avocado toast, place a scoop of the mash avocado in a toast, place two slices of tomatos and sprinkle some cotija cheese, for the other, spread the avocado mash on top of a toast, add some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese along with the over easy egg, then last, spread some avocado mash on top of a toast and sprinkle some pepper!
- Ahora, coja un pan tostado, agregue la mezcla de aguacates y agrega 2 pedazos de tomates y un poco de queso cotija , ahora la segunbda opcion, coja un pan tostado, agregue el aguacate, queso mozzarella y cheddar y el huevo, el ultimo es pan tostado con aguacates y un poco de pimiento!