10 things to wear after you give birth

Wondering what to wear after you give birth? You're not alone mama. Even though it may seem like something that it's not as important as everything else. Something that you may put in the back burner of your pregnancy to do list. Knowing what to wear Continue Reading...

Christmas gift guide for pregnant women

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" I love the holidays, specially Christmas and if we get to have a white Christmas even better! Today I'm sharing with you this fun Christmas gift guide for pregnant women! Did you know that with Continue Reading...

10 helpful tips for the overwhelmed mom

You're list of things to do is endless, your chores around the house just keeps accumulating and all you want to do is cry. This is called being overwhelmed. I've been there too, in fact sometimes I find myself in that place more often than I'd want Continue Reading...

Comments

1. Anita Fonte says

I agree with all of your tips. I had a vaginal tear. I followed my doctor’s instructions and friends who had gone through the same thing. Your tips are right on point.

Thank you so much Anita! I’m glad you agree with my tips 🙂

3. Marie @ SimpleHappyEasy says

Ros Emely!! Where were you 10-years ago!? 🙂 My first-born was 10lb 11oz and 22.5 inches long. That episiotomy was savage! I remember the peri-bottle and warm water being my best friend. I had been in a car accident just a few weeks before she was born so I gave birth with my left in a cast. It took me 7-years before I had another baby 😉

4. Nina says

Oh my goodness, just reading the title already had me cringing from memory lol! I also tore with my eldest, and that was one of the hardest parts about healing. Lo and behold, when I had my twins, they were smaller and I was a second-time mom, so I didn’t need to dilate as large, and therefore didn’t tear at all. The recovery from that one? So painless! Once I was home I was back on my feet as if nothing happened. Goes to show how difficult it is to tear. And that’s terrible your doc didn’t give you a heads up! At least being prepared helps.
    Nina recently posted…How to Get Your Child to Help with Younger SiblingsMy Profile

10 years ago I was in high school, haha! But wow, you went through a lot, my episiotomy wasn’t pretty either. It definitely took some time to heal.

Thanks Chelsea! Yes the squirt bottle helps so much and made cleaning down under easier!

Yeah, it was terrible because I was left wondering what the heck did she just do to me, you know? It’s very common for first time moms to tear but then for their 2nd time around it’s much easier and less likely to tear again. I wasn’t as lucky as you, I couldn’t do vaginal birth for my twins because my wonderful and stubborn baby girl (baby B) was breech.

8. Rola says

I wish I read ur article 7months ago … it would have saved me a lot of pain which unfortunately it lasts for 4 months and didn’t go until I took vaginal pills to relax the muscles and the stitches area… as you said no one tells u what to expect not even ur doctor and I myself did not expect a tear but the doctor had to do it because the baby breath was slowing down.. Thank u for an amazing article