This post may contain affiliate links, review our disclosure policy for details
Today I want to share with you these deliciously cheesy breadsticks recipe . I’m telling you it will be a family favorite and it’s definitely a kid approved recipe. When my family and I went to Uno’s restaurant a couple of weeks ago, my daughter wanted to eat breadsticks. We of course ordered it for her as an appetizer not as a meal like she has hoped for. My daughter must be a little cray cray if she thought her parents were going to let her eat breadsticks for lunch, no ma’am.
But let me just say that the breadsticks were so cheesy and crunchy and just perfect. No wonder my daughter ate everything off her plate after sharing with her younger brother and sister. I told myself that I have to make it one day because it didn’t look complicated at all, you know? Well good news, it’s not! In fact these homemade cheesy breadsticks were super easy to make. This is one of those recipes that you can even have your kids help you with without loosing your cool, because it takes no time to prepare.
Love the buttery garlic flavor that it has and the cheese that melts perfectly in the bread. I used French bread for this recipe but you can also make it with Italian bread. You can make this cheesy breadsticks with either mozzarella cheese alone or using a blend of different easy to melt cheeses.
Your choice girlfriend! Either way, these quick and easy cheesy breadsticks are the perfect appetizer or side dish to serve to your family before lunch or dinner. Your kids will love this recipe no doubt about it, it’s simply amazing!
I had to tell my daughter to do the honors of stretching the bread so you can see what I mean when I say cheesy breadsticks.
Check out this delicious seafood lasagna, perfect with these cheesy breadsticks!
So, let’s get started with this easy cheesy breadsticks recipe, shall we?
- Long French bread cut in half
- 2 tablespoon of butter ( more or less, depending on how much you are making)
- 3 garlic cloves chopped finely ( more or less, depending on how garlicky you want it)
- Parsley leaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, add the butter and the garlic and heat it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or so. This will help the butter absorb the garlic flavor.
- Now, place your sliced bread in a baking sheet. Coat the top of the bread with the butter and garlic mixture.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top (as much as you’d want) the more chees, the cheesier it will be, yum!
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees heat for 15 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted and the bread is crunchy on the outside.
Now just cut the bread into little “sticks” and serve it with store bought pasta sauce (warmed up) and it’s time to eat!
are you going to make these?