Easy kid- friendly broccoli and carrot fritters
This post may contain affiliate links, review our disclosure policy for details
Hey Hey! It was snowing yesterday here in New York and schools were closed. I was happy, my kiddos were happy, everybody was happy. I love looking at the snow fall, it’s mesmerizing. Don’t ask about the after math of the storm because it ain’t pretty, everything is mushy and it’s not my favorite. Snow days in my house calls for empanadas, warm chocolate chip cookies and family time. I love it.
Do you know what else I love? These broccoli and carrot fritters, they are so perfect to “hide the veggies” with and oh so delicious. All three of my kids ate everything on their plate and so this makes it totally kid-friendly. I love that these fritters are super easy to make and are perfect as an appetizer served with your favorite dipping sauce. I served these kid-friendly broccoli and carrot fritters as part of the main dish with white rice and Dominican stewed beans
One of the ingredients that I added that really played part in disguising these vegetables, was the cheddar cheese! It really make the fritters moist and cheesy which makes every bite the perfect bite. Incorporating vegetables into my family’s diet is very important to me, I love creating new recipes that I can easily add vegetables in. I am totally making these broccoli and carrot fritters again.
If you’re having one of those lazy days, where you do not want to cook or be in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes, than this is your recipe. There are only a few ingredients like carrots, broccoli, eggs and cheddar cheese. The rest are just the seasoning, I went simple with a dash of salt and pepper. All you do is mix everything together and fry them up to perfection. They’re so cheesy, so delicious and the perfect “hide the vegetables” recipe that your kids will actually enjoy!
Let’s get started shall we?
- –1 large broccoli head (washed, boiled with water for 15 minutes and mashed)
- –4 medium carrots (washed and grated)
- –7 whole eggs
- –salt and pepper to taste
- – cheddar cheese to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- — In a pan at medium heat, add avocado oil enough to pan fry the fritters.
- — With a spoon, scoop out the mixture and place it in the hot oil (be careful!) one by one. Cook for less than a minute or until golden brown on the bottom. Flip to the other side and keep frying.
- — Place on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
- — serve and enjoy!
I hope you and your family can enjoy these easy kid-friendly broccoli and carrot fritters as much as my family and I did 🙂
Leave a Reply