If you’re looking for the best shrimp fried rice ever, this is it!! I can dare to say that this shrimp fried rice is better than take out. Why?? Well, you can control the amount of ingredientes that you want to add! If you want to add more eggs, add them, more veggies, add them! You can also control the amount of soy sauce that you use, which is so much healthier for you!
Eating fried rice in my family is a treat for sure! I don’t always cook fried food, because it’s not the healthiest, let’s be honest on that. But, sometimes you do need to treat yourself and your family with the best fried rice ever.
My aunt gave me a crucial tip that I’m obviously sharing with you. This tip will change the way you cook fried rice forever. It makes a huge difference on the taste!
My aunt crucial tip:
Cook the shrimp in soy sauce and scramble your eggs with your vegetables and add vinegar!
Are you ready to make this quick, easy and delicious family recipe? It’s perfect as a lunch or dinner option. My kids and hubby loved it and I know it’s going to be a hit with your family 🙂
How to make easy shrimp fried rice
Easy shrimp fried rice recipe
- 4 to 5 cups of cooked white rice (day before)
- 9 to 10 tbsp soy sauce or to taste
- 1 pound fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves finely chooped
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 eggs beaten
- green onions
1. In a medium size skillet, add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the shrimp and season with 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add the garlic mix and Cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp has changed it’s color to a light pink.
2. Remove the shrimp to a clean bowl. On the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Add the yellow, red and orange bell peppers, white onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add the vinegar (secret ingredient) and add the eggs. Mix and scramble. Cook until eggs are cooked.
3. In a larger pan, at medium high heat, add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil and add the cooked rice. Cook for 5 minutes mixing well. Add the scrambled eggs and mix well. Add the soy sauce, about 5 to 6 tablespoons or to your liking! Last add the cooked shrimp, mix everything together and cook for 8 minutes on medium high heat.
Last add the fresh green onions and cilantro. You’re ready to eat!
I hope you enjoyed this ready and can give it a try! I know it won’t disappoint your taste buds. It’s a family favorite and it’s so so good!