I love sharing simple and quick recipes with you. This one is no exception. Do you love tuna? Do you like eating tuna sandwiches or tuna pasta salad? I do! I hope you do too because these super easy and so delicious tuna croquettes are going to rock your world.
They are the perfect appetizers for parties and even perfect if you just want to enjoy them while catching up on your favorite t.v. show! If you want to know how to make the most delicious tuna croquettes, you’re in the right place!
I used tuna from a can because let’s face it everyone has tuna cans sitting on their pantry ready to be used. So, why not use them? Tuna is for the most part healthy right? What’s going to set these croquettes apart is that I also added sauteed bell peppers, onions and garlic. Talk about flavor!
I freeze them for 30 minutes or more, that way they don’t break up when I’m frying them causing a huge mess! Nobody got time for that, specially when you have hungry kids and a husband. Am I right?
I served these easy tuna croquettes with a quick sauce. I used sour cream, ketchup, garlic powder and sriracha and made myself a super tasty sauce to dip the croquettes in. Yum!
More easy family recipes:
Easy broccoli with garlic side dish
Let’s start making these delicious and easy tuna croquettes.
- 3 can of tuna drained
- half cup sauteed red and green bell peppers, garlic and white onions you control amount (all together is half a cup)
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 medium sized potatoes cooked till tender
- fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs to coat the croquettes
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp ketchup
1. cook the potatoes in water, for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender. drain and set aside.
2. Cook the red and green bell peppers, garlic and white onions in 2 teaspoon of avocado oil. Cook on medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes until vegetables are soft. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the tuna, fresh parsley, cooked vegetables, paprika powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. add the boiled potatoes and with a fork, mash it in the tuna mixture.
5. In a plate whisk one egg, in a different plate add the breadcrumbs.
6. It’s time to form the croquettes, add 1 tablespoon of the tuna mixture on your hands. Using your hands form the croquettes, it can be rounded or oval.
7. Now, dip the croquettes into the egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
8. Place the finished croquettes on a plate. Place it in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer (this helps them not break during the frying).
9. Now it’s time to fry them up. In a deep large skillet or pan, add enough avocado oil (about 1 inch) to fry the tuna croquettes.
10. On medium heat, start frying the tuna croquettes in batches. until golden and crisp (turning them in between). about 3 minutes or so.
11. Place on paper towel, so it can absorb the oil.
12. Serve and enjoy with the quick and easy sauce!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and if you did, please share it!