Positive birth affirmations are something you should consider in order to help you have an empowered and relaxed birth. During pregnancy a lot of women begin to get anxious or have fear about the birthing process. It is something that is normal and common. But when fear of birth is taking over your life, then finding ways to help it’s always the key! These affirmations for labor will help you have a positive birthing experience.
These 20 positive birth affirmations will help you push through the fear of birth. It will change your mindset and shift your fears into confidence and excitement. Birth affirmations or birth mantras are great for dads, if you’re giving birth naturally, if you’re having a c-section and more.
It’s up to you how you want to say them. I didn’t use birth affirmations when I was pregnant with my children. Simply because I didn’t know about it. Otherwise I would have jumped on the positive and empowering birth affirmation wagon, ha!
One thing you and your partner can do to prepare for birth is to take an online prenatal class! This way you know what’s going to happen and be more informed about childbirth. It always eases the fears and anxiety!
What are birth affirmations?
“Birth affirmations are positive phrases or statements about birth said repeatedly with confidence to challenge any negative or anxious thoughts you might have about birth.”(source)
How can I use birth and labor affirmations?
You can either write them down on a cute card or simply write it on an index card. Repeat the affirmations over and over until you start believing in it and the calming feeling starts to enter your body. It’s all about having a positive mindset and allowing these powerful short statements about birth enter your subconscious mind.
I have a free birth affirmation printable down below, so you can start on your empowered and beautiful birth journey today.
shop affirmation cards:
Read this next:
20 positive affirmations for birth
1.I am in control of my body
2. Fear will not control my birth
3. My body is doing it’s job
4. I trust my body and what it can do
5. Every contraction is bringing me closer to my baby
6. Anxiety will leave my body and mind
7. I am ready for childbirth however it is
8. I will meet my baby soon
9. Birth is a miracle and I am part of it
10. Birth is a beautiful thing
11. I will not quit, not now
12. I will breathe through the pain
13. My partner and I make a great team
14. Giving birth is part of being a woman and I am embracing it
15. I am a badass
16. I am strong and capable
17. I can do it
18. My body was designed for childbirth however way
19. My baby gives me strength
20. Many women have gone through this, they give me the power to push through
shop books about giving birth:
Read this next:
I am also going to share with you a few birth affirmations for dads. Because believe it or not, dads can also be nervous about the big day!
Birth affirmations for dads
1.My job is to support my partner
2.My partner is capable and strong
3.I will not fear the child birth process
4. My partner amazes me
5. I will just listen and see
6. My strong hands will support my partner in any way she wants
7. I feel proud of my partner
8. I look at my partner and I see strength and power
9. I am present every step of the way
10. I know what to do
11. Birth is the love between my partner and I
12. I will not let fear get in the way of my partner’s beautiful birth
13. Birth is a miracle and I am witnessing it
14. I am ready to meet my baby
Isn’t birth a miracle, whichever way you do it. From a vaginal birth, to a natural no medication birth to a C-section. Birth is birth and should be celebrated!
You mama, have the power and you are in control. Say goodbye to your fears and welcome your positive happy thoughts about birth. Saying positive affirmations about giving birth is the best way for you to ensure that you are in a positive mindset to welcome your baby into this world. You will meet your baby and you will witness a miracle!
Birth affirmations or mantras about labor are empowering words that are going to help you get through childbirth with confidence and ease. You need to believe in the power of positive affirmations and know that your body knows what it is doing. Have an open mind about birth and know that you are stronger than you think!
Make sure to grab the first time mom guide today! Get through the first year of being a mom with ease! (sleep more, create routine for baby, get things done with newborn and more!