There you are staring at the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink that still needs to be cleaned. You still need to fold the laundry and cook dinner. You’re wondering “where has the day gone?”. You’ve been busy all day and yet you feel like you haven’t accomplished anything. That feeling of inadequate starts to creep and you’re wondering if you’re even made to be mom.
I remember the first time I ever had feelings of inadequacy as a mom. It was right after my birth trauma ( birth of my twins), I was home and was put on 4 different medications. I felt dizzy and not myself at all.My family members were helping me with everything even with my kids. I honestly felt so blessed to have amazing family but I also felt incompetent and not good enough as a mom.
There I was NOT being the mom that I know I CAN be to my twins and my toddler at the time. I felt blessed but mom guilt and shame creeped in as well. It was a feeling I had to shake off because after all I did experience a traumatic after birth and was recovering from that mentally and physically.
It’s safe to say mama that feeling lousy as a mom or weak does not help you THRIVE as a mom. Give yourself grace and self-compassion. You are a good mom doing your best every single day.
In my online course for stressed mom I help you feel like a Damn Good Mom every day with practical tools and techniques to ditch the mom stress, worries and guilt. And help you step into your purpose of being an amazing mom, feel peace and joy, find time for self care and be more present! enroll here today!
What does it mean to feel inadequate as a mom?
When you feel like you do not have the qualities or abilities to be a good mother. She questions her ability to do things right, including parenting and housework.
What are some reasons moms feel incompetent or not good enough?
- Pressure to be the perfect mom
- Society places unrealistic expectations on motherhood
- Comparing yourself to others
- Social media
- If you’re a working mom or single mom
- Your own thoughts and negative emotions about yourself
As a new mom you may feel extra pressure to do everything perfect with your newborn. Lessen that pressure up mama and read the best guide to help baby self soothe so both of you can sleep MORE! a dream for moms everywhere! Read it here!
What can I do to STOP feeling inadequate as a mom?
There are important steps to overcome the feeling of being incapable of being a good mom and feeling lost and sadness.
- Notice your triggers that are making you feel like inadequate mom
- Change your perspective of what a good mother is
- Trust your mom intuition
- Journal your thoughts and worries
- Seek help, like investing in a life coach. I can help you stop the feelings of inadequacy and help you THRIVE as a mom! Book free connection call here!
- Find resources for moms like self help books
- Trust yourself more and let go
10 encouraging words for the mom who feels inadequate
1.I am exactly the kind of mother that my kids need.
2.Everyday I am trying my best to be a good mother. I may fall, make mistakes and lose my shit but that doesn’t make me a bad mother
3.I treat my myself with kindness, love, respect and compassion.
4. I will let go of all insecurities, self doubt and sabotaging ways that are keeping me stuck.
5. I choose joy every single day.
6. I completely love and accept myself, imperfection and all.
7.Everyday day is a new day to be a better mom
8. I was born to be my children’s mom and I am grateful for that everyday.
9. I am strong, beautiful and capable
10.I release myself from having to be perfect
You mama are a beautiful, strong and loving soul, that was made to be a mom. Let go of all self doubt, anxiety and stressors preventing you from being the mom that you want to be.
Know that in your heart you’re a DAMN GOOD MOTHER. Let go of of thinking that you’re an inadequate mom because you’re far from it! You got this mama!
Leave a Reply