The postpartum period also known as “the fourth trimester” is seriously the hardest 3 months ever. Well, I speak from experience because after having three kids (including twins). I can attest to that! So these postpartum journaling prompts for new moms will help you find the joy in your journey right now.
Here are other benefits of journaling for moms:
- Notice patterns you may want to break
- Feel so much better
- Release your negative emotions on paper
- You’ll have more self awareness
- Create a calming writing routine
- Get clarity
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Increase mental health
Want to practice more self care, stress less and enjoy motherhood more? Learn the secrets to rocking your motherhood life. Enroll in my course today!
It’s so important for new moms to take care of themselves during the postpartum recovery period this way you are able to better care for your baby. Not only that but you will also be in a better mood, find joy in the struggle and gratitude in the everyday things. These writing prompts are part of your self-care.
The first weeks after birth, the attention is mostly always on the baby and not on the mom. Even though mom needs as much attention as baby does. But a different kind of attention. The postpartum period for new moms is very emotionally intense. You are worried about your baby’s health, if you’re doing a good job as a mom and sometimes fall short on taking care of yourself.
books to read:
How to start your journaling journey as a first-time mom:
- Make it a non negotiable in your life
- Purchase a planner or small notebooks
- Make sure you’re in a cozy and quiet safe place
- Start writing your first journal entries
What can you write in your motherhood postpartum journal prompts journal
- your worries and fears as a new parent
- Daily life to see notice patterns to break
- Your own needs as a mom with a newborn
- mental health challenges you’re experiencing
- Your emotions (guilt, sadness, happiness)
- Milestones of your postpartum journey
- words of encouragement for yourself
- positive things happening in your life
- The hardest part of being a brand new mom
Having a journal is like an outlet for you to really share whatever you want to share and release. The act of writing is really so helpful.
Shop the cute journals:
These positive postpartum journal prompts for new moms will help you feel better, love yourself more and not be afraid to ask for help.
30 Positive Postpartum Journal prompts for new moms
1.What will help my postpartum journey feel easier?
2.What is the hardest thing about having a newborn baby?
3.What will help me find joy in the hardest part of my postpartum journey?
4. Name 3 things you’re grateful for right now
5.How can you communicate your needs with your partner in a way that he will understand?
6.What do you need right now?
7.How can you have compassion for yourself during this time of life?
8.How can you allow the people that love you help you more?
9.Name 3 ways you’re taking care of yourself today:
10. How are you setting boundaries around your postpartum period?
11.Name 5 things that you are proud of yourself for doing?
12. How are you taking care of yourself emotionally?
13. How are you taking care of yourself mentally?
14. How are you taking care of yourself socially?
15. How are you taking care of yourself physically?
16. How are you feeling?
17. What do you need the most right now?
18. Name 3 of your best strengths and how can you use them during the hard times?
19. The best part of being a mom is?
20. The hardest part of being a mom is?
21. How can you practice more self love today?
22. name 3 things you’re proud of your body for
23.How are you practicing self care and why is it important?
24.Write a letter to your postpartum self. What do you want to tell her?
25. Name 3 reasons you’re the perfect mom to your little one…
26. Name 3 things that you can do to feel joy
27. When feeling mom guilt I will remember this..
28.I will do this to not lose myself in motherhood..
Crave having a break as a mom? want to be more positive and handle stress with calm and ease? Be the mom that you want to be with my online course for moms. Enroll today and start changing your life!
29.How have your priorities changed since becoming a mom?
30.What does motherhood mean to you?
I hope you enjoyed these positive postpartum journal prompts for new moms. Happy journaling.
Want to STOP struggling as a new mom? Find better ways of doing things without the stress, mom guilt and burnout? My 1:1 coaching program for moms is going to help you change your life so that you can feel 10x better and happier!