I have been loving baking or roasting chicken leg quarters in the oven. Such an easy family dinner recipe that you can quickly season, place in the oven and let it cook. These delicious baked orange chicken leg quarters do not dissappoint.
I wanted to try out a different chicken recipe and saw that I had fresh oranges in my fruit basket. And made this baked orange chicken recipe. I love easy and quick meal ideas. And this one is super easy to make and full of flavor. Win win!
The key to making the the best oven baked chicken recipe is to have crispy skin on the outside and juicy chicken on the inside. So what I do is clean the chicken with vinegar and lime juice, then season my chicken and place it in the oven pan. Then I like to add a teaspoon of olive on the top of the chicken skin. This will make the chicken skin crispy, yum!
I sometimes like to involve my kids in helping me season the chicken or anything that I’m making. It just creates fun memories and also is a bonding experience for all of us. So if you have kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews, try inviting them to help you cook. It can be so much fun.
watch me make the recipe here:
Okay, let’s make these quick and easy baked orange chicken leg quarters recipes. That’s a mouth full to say, lol. Easy to make and delicious to eat. My motto!
Easy baked orange chicken leg quarters recipe
–4 chicken leg quarters
–1 1/2 teaspoons of salt in each piece of chicken
–ground black pepper to taste
–1 teaspoon of garlic powder in each piece of chicken
–dried oregano to taste
–juice of 7 oranges
–1 tablespoon of honey
–3 tablespoons of soy sauce
— half a teaspoon ginger powder
–1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- In a small bowl add the orange sauce ingredients and mix well.Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add your chicken leg quarters and clean the chicken by adding water enough to cover chicken, a squirt of white vinegar and 1 lime juice. Let is stand for about 10 minutes or so. Now drain water and add fresh water and drain again.
- Place the chicken leg quarters in your baking dish.
- Season each piece of chicken with salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano and parsley. Using your clan hands, massage chicken making sure the seasoning is covering both sides of the chicken.
- Add the orange sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- cute fresh orange slices and placer it on top of the chicken. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you make it 🙂